14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Berserker

• ContentProviders
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationPlano, Texas

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

I thought he said he was going to beat Eric Dickerson's NFL single season rushing record.  He is just short of that mark with 774 yards this season:

[color=#000000;]Tennessee Titans[/color][font="Georgia, Times, 'Times New Roman', serif;"] running back Chris Johnson capitalized on being one of the NFL’s top players when he signed [/font]a four-year deal worth $53.5 million in 2011.

[color=#000000;]Unfortunately, for the Titans, it was a total waste of money.[/color]

[color=#000000;]Johnson reportedly received $30 million in guarantees, but never lived up to that contract. As a result of his mediocrity, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Johnson will be released after this season.[/color]

[color=#000000;]What @MikeSilver & I reported on #NFLGameDay: Big changes coming for Titans. Munchak coaching for his job. CJ2k expected to be cut after ‘13[/color]

[color=#000000;]— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 8, 201[/color]3

#2 OFFLINE   Caactorvike Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

Caactorvike

Berserker

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Wow. How the mighty (mouths) have fallen! Munchak-- a former Viking LB. A future Viking DC?
  • PTN likes this

#3 OFFLINE   MoosicMan Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

MoosicMan

Northman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationMoosic / Scranton PA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

You may be thinking of Munusky.  Munchak was an OL.  Both happen to have grown up in the same area in NE PA

#4 OFFLINE   Caactorvike Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

Caactorvike

Berserker

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

You are totally right. Never mind!

#5 OFFLINE   Purple Czar Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

Purple Czar

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

:bwahaha:

teddy-bridgewater-080914-ap-ftr_16dznzvx

#6 OFFLINE   SDCAVIKESFAN Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

SDCAVIKESFAN

Master hunter (Lions and Bears) and Pillager of Cheese

• Moderators
  • 3,229 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

I remember the big debate of who was better, Johnson or Peterson.  We all knew the answer to that and it will be confirmed again after the season with Johnson being released.

#7 OFFLINE   96POPS Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

96POPS

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationThe GREAT state of Texas

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

Sign him for league minimum and he can be AP's backup, if Toby leaves. Of course, i'd rather have Toby!!! :D

• BigAl99 likes this

#8 OFFLINE   SDCAVIKESFAN Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

SDCAVIKESFAN

Master hunter (Lions and Bears) and Pillager of Cheese

• Moderators
  • 3,229 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

you know Pops, I do not think that would be a bad idea.  With league minimum he would be working extra hard for that big payday again.

#9 OFFLINE   Tom Moore Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

Tom Moore

Berserker

• ContentProviders
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationPlano, Texas

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

you know Pops, I do not think that would be a bad idea.  With league minimum he would be working extra hard for that big payday again.

Toby is a team player, and don't think Johnson is.  He strikes me as a prima donna who would never accept a backup role behind AP.  Wonder what it would really take to keep Gerhart?   I still don't think he is a long-term starter for many teams in the league, but if he knew he'd get 10-15 touches per game, and a reasonable salary, would he stay?

#10 ONLINE   Purp1eOne Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

Purp1eOne

Odin

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,427 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Sign him for league minimum and he can be AP's backup, if Toby leaves. Of course, i'd rather have Toby!!! :D

Don't want him at all.  Dude is a punk.

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   rtyler Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

rtyler

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

He and Peterson in the backfield together would be worlds more effective than Felton back there with him.

What this offense could do with Sproles...

#12 OFFLINE   96POPS Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

96POPS

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

It really was a joke guys. I wouldn't have him here. We have the best RB ever right now. Why would we want him.

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

#13 OFFLINE   Tom Moore Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

Tom Moore

Berserker

• ContentProviders
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationPlano, Texas

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:54 AM

It really was a joke guys. I wouldn't have him here. We have the best RB ever right now. Why would we want him.

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

I know, but it does bring up a good question.  When Gerhart likely goes, do we really have a guy on roster to back him up?  I see little in Asiata.  Zach Line is a really good 3rd down back(he isn't a FB as this staff had him playing), but does not have great speed - good change of pace, but not elite.  It is probably time to take a good RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, ad AP can't cary such a heavy load forever.  If not, we need a 3 or 4 year back who has skills to be a 8-10 carry guy, can block, and catch passes out of the backfield on 3rd down.

#14 ONLINE   Purp1eOne Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

Purp1eOne

Odin

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,427 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

I know, but it does bring up a good question.  When Gerhart likely goes, do we really have a guy on roster to back him up?  I see little in Asiata.  Zach Line is a really good 3rd down back(he isn't a FB as this staff had him playing), but does not have great speed - good change of pace, but not elite.  It is probably time to take a good RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, ad AP can't cary such a heavy load forever.  If not, we need a 3 or 4 year back who has skills to be a 8-10 carry guy, can block, and catch passes out of the backfield on 3rd down.

We don't have anyone that could do the job in my opinion.

Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   96POPS Re: Titans Chris Johnson to be Released!

96POPS

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Let's be honest guys. What we all want, and every other team in the NFL wants, is another AP waiting in the wings. It isn't going to happen. Nobody who has any aspirations of being a starting RB is coming here on their on free will. So yes you have to draft one, but don't gripe when the backup isn't as good as AP.

I'm not saying Toby is as good as AP, but he has done his job extremely well, no matter what some people said his first few years. Most likely he will be gone, i hope not though, but can't blame him for wanting to show what he can do and get out of the shadow of AP.

If you want a good backup you'll most likely have to do it in the draft. The good thing is that you can find a good RB almost anywhere in the draft these days and even some good ones that are UDFAs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users