Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

The Steelers fans have signs that say

"Fire Haley now"

Why are we not seeing that in Minnesota?!?! 

Do they not see it?

Less Peterson=More Patterson!!!

#2 OFFLINE   Purp1eOne Re: OK~question......angry fans~

Purp1eOne

Odin

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Its all Ponders fault

ByTXhEzCMAE5mv9.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   firerose617 Re: OK~question......angry fans~

firerose617

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationRochester, MN

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'm guessing if the trend if losing continues, the signs will show up in full force
Posted Image

#4 ONLINE   vikergirl Re: OK~question......angry fans~

vikergirl

The Epitome of Fabulousness

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

I didn't go to a game yet this year. I'll bring a Fire Musgrave sign.

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.-Ernest Hemingway

#5 OFFLINE   Plunderingpurple Re: OK~question......angry fans~

Plunderingpurple

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationOKC

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Was our first home game. Next home (not London) game you will see them.

#6 OFFLINE   spun Re: OK~question......angry fans~

spun

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Its all Ponders fault

Yep, the fans are blaming Ponder, next home game the sign for Frazier will be out.

#7 OFFLINE   mikeccarter Re: OK~question......angry fans~

mikeccarter

Northman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

There isn't a living room cam in our house.

• Ninja Vike likes this

#8 ONLINE   Tom Moore Re: OK~question......angry fans~

Tom Moore

Berserker

• ContentProviders
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationPlano, Texas

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

I hope the Londoner's bring them.  If we go 0-4, there will be signs at the airport calling for such.  This season could get very lucky.  The problem is, we are not even close to turning a corner.  Each week looks more inept.

#9 OFFLINE   PapaScott Re: OK~question......angry fans~

PapaScott

Berserker

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationStarving- Starving for a Superbowl

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Maybe we should all pitch in and buy a billboard 

• nibelungen likes this

#10 OFFLINE   pumpf Re: OK~question......angry fans~

pumpf

Heimdall

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

Its hard to yell "Fire Frazier" when the guy looks like a whipped puppy, about to cry.  As much as we want to "hate" Leslie, we can't because he is such a nice guy.  It was a lot easier to yell, "Fire Childress!"

I am a great sinner.  He is a greater Savior.

#11 OFFLINE   PurpleMember Re: OK~question......angry fans~

PurpleMember

Hubris, self promotion and righteous indignation - never good th

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

The Steelers fans have signs that say

"Fire Haley now"

Why are we not seeing that in Minnesota?!?! 

..........they ran out of cardboard????.............................. :huh:.......

#12 OFFLINE   Mike Olson Re: OK~question......angry fans~

Mike Olson

SomewhatAwesome

• Administrators
  • 2,628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

I don't get the defending ponder at all. Is he the entire problem? No he isn't. But he is a BIG part of it. How many times do they have to show him throwing to a guy in double coverage when he has guys wide open. He is a guy playing scared to screw up constantly. It is almost like before the snap he decides who he is going to throw to and just prays that he throws a good enough ball for it to be caught. 

Even the plays that work out look sooooooo difficult. Constantly guys are reaching behind to get the ball, turning and waiting on it, catching balls thrown way over their heads. It is rearely if ever in stride. Almost every catch seems like it entails so much effort. He just isn't going to be the guy. Whether that is because of his ability or that this coahing staff has ruined him I don't know but he's not going to be the guy and him being a reclamation project would mean another year or two to rebuild him. We aren't doing that. 

View My Member Profile

Posted Image

SwA: As long as all chickens have a voice and are respected, the chicken can go anywhere it wants.

#13 OFFLINE   JimmyinSD Re: OK~question......angry fans~

JimmyinSD

Berserker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,575 posts
  • LocationState of Confusion, or is it Delusion?

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

I don't get the defending ponder at all. Is he the entire problem? No he isn't. But he is a BIG part of it. How many times do they have to show him throwing to a guy in double coverage when he has guys wide open. He is a guy playing scared to screw up constantly. It is almost like before the snap he decides who he is going to throw to and just prays that he throws a good enough ball for it to be caught.    Even the plays that work out look sooooooo difficult. Constantly guys are reaching behind to get the ball, turning and waiting on it, catching balls thrown way over their heads. It is rearely if ever in stride. Almost every catch seems like it entails so much effort. He just isn't going to be the guy. Whether that is because of his ability or that this coahing staff has ruined him I don't know but he's not going to be the guy and him being a reclamation project would mean another year or two to rebuild him. We aren't doing that.

I've havent seen it very many times myself. i have heard the announcers mention it a few times, but just like fans i have seen the call a receiver open who only becomes uncovered after the ball is away, or at least the QB is past him on his read progression. hey speaking of read progressions, how about we put the blame on the line for not allowing any time at all for Ponder to go through anything more than pre snap reads? everybody wants to talk about how uncomfortable he looks in the pocket, but has anybody seen the Vikings line actually form a pocket for him with any sort of consistancy? why would anybody pile on Ponder when there isnt 1 aspect of the team playing even remotely well?

Why Isn't Chuck Foreman
In the Hall Of Fame???

#14 OFFLINE   Mike Olson Re: OK~question......angry fans~

Mike Olson

SomewhatAwesome

• Administrators
  • 2,628 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Jimmy there is multiple parties to blame to be sure. the Oline is definitely in the mix but that doesn't mean that we have to not identify other areas of concern. 

Ponder is terrible. The line play is terrible. The coaching? Terrible. Defensive line as a whole? Terrible. Linebackers.... Terrible. half the secondary... terrible. 

Everything needs to change including Ponder. But QB is the MOST important position on the field. so guess what people are going to want to see changed first? 

View My Member Profile

Posted Image

SwA: As long as all chickens have a voice and are respected, the chicken can go anywhere it wants.

#15 OFFLINE   nawlinsvike Re: OK~question......angry fans~

nawlinsvike

Oarsman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

im in the camp that believes after we lose Sunday, Musgrave will be fired Monday morning.  Possibly even Frazier.  I guess George Stewart will assume Musgrave's position.  And if Frazier gets canned, the only one i can see getting promoted is Pugic or Singletary. 

#16 OFFLINE   Purp1eOne Re: OK~question......angry fans~

Purp1eOne

Odin

• ContentCollaborator
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

anybody seen the Vikings line actually form a pocket for him

Here comes the defense

Posted Image

ByTXhEzCMAE5mv9.jpg